- In 1992, SCG started to expand its business activities to Vietnam as a strategic country with 3 main industry groups: CEMENT BUILDING MATERIALS, PACKAGING AND CHEMICALS
- As of Q3/2021, SCG has 24 member companies in Vietnam with more than 16,000 employees.
- SCG always cares and makes efforts for corporate social responsibility activities, strengthening the SCG’s commitment and the development of Vietnamese people.
- In 2018, SCG started building the Southern Petrochemical Complex Project with a total investment of more than 5.4 billion USD – a key project of the petrochemical industry and of great significance to the national economy.
- Since 2007, the SCG Sharing The Dream scholarship program has awarded more than 5000 scholarships to Vietnamese students across the country.
- Since 2009, SCG has accompanied the School of Raising Disabled Children in Ba Ria – Vung Tau province with meaningful activities for children.
- From 2021, SCG builds community sports fields in Quang Binh and Binh Duong.
- Since 2012, SCG has built a playground for children of SCG – CHUNG MOT UOC MO in Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh City and Ba Ria – Vung Tau Province.
- During the COVID-19, SCG supported the fight against the pandemic with many initiatives such as beds made from paper, antibacterial toilets for isolation areas, field hospitals; Positive pressure room for sample collection; paper partitions for offices… and financial support with a budget of more than 40 billion VND across the country.